Historical Photographs of Llangadog
Old Sawdde footbridge (now replaced with modern road bridge).
Note horse-drawn vehicles fording the river in background.
Hump bridge over the Bran with St Cadog's in the background.
Brynamman Road, with the now defunct Plough (and Stars?) on the
St Cadog's and Church House on the right. The cottages on the
left are now gone.
Llandovery Road (High Street?), Llangadock
Church Street, Llangadock
St Cadog's Church
Towy Bridge, Llangadock
Llangadock viewed from Cefncoed
The Gravell Choir at Gosen Methodist Chapel. Richard Morgan, 4th
from the right on the back row, is standing next to Dennis Edwards.
Who else can you identify?
Llangadog Mart - c. 1960 (?)
Llangadog Mart was held in the field behind the Red Lion until
19??. Can you help in identifying the individuals in this photo?
Dr Huw Walters is in the centre, immediately behind the bull.
Llangadock Horse Racing Committee - 1955
Back row (L to R) : Idris James; D J Daniel (Retired
Secretary); D I Williams; H Richards Middle Row (L to
R) : H Nicholls; W J Lloyd; Beynon Jones (Clerk of the
Course); B T Enoch (Clerk of the Scales); Christopher Davies;
J Evans; H L Bryer; A Jackson Front Row (L to R)
: T Davies (Secretary); W Jones (Vice-Chairman); W Davies (Senior
Member); Dr Huw D Walters (Chairman); W Davies (Retired Treasurer);
T Davies (Treasurer); J Davies (Starter)
Walters Road, Llangadog, looking towards the site of the present
Cwch Gwenyn - The Beehive (on the right)
The ironmongers shop in Church Street looking towards Queens Square
Cwch Gwenyn - The Beehive
Ironmongers and Petrol Station in Church Street
Nythfa, Great House and Red Lion
Great House, Nythfa, and Church House
The Red Lion and Church Street
High Street looking towards Queens Square
Dennis Edwards (circled) and fellow pupils of Llangadog School
wearing shoes made by his father, the village cobbler
A photo of Dennis Edwards taken in his workshop in 1994 by Rhys
ap Rhobert which won the Milner Photography Prize at the Urdd
National Eisteddfod for best black and white print.
The Railway Hotel
Llangadog Railway Station
The YMCA in Seion Chapel circa 1920
The Cobbler's is on the left with Providence in the distance on